Use the drop down below to browse our services
- Each job seeker must be assessed and found eligible and suitable by OhioMeansJobs Cincinnati – Hamilton County before hire
- You commit to hire and retain the job seeker upon satisfactory completion of training
- The minimum wage and work schedule are $13 per hour, 32 hours per week
- You will be reimbursed 50% of the trainee’s regular wages during the training period, not to exceed $5,000
- The length of the training period will be based on the trainee’s current aptitude compared with skills needed to perform the job, not to exceed 90 days
- You must offer the same treatment and compensation for workers in the OJT as workers in the same or similar positions
- You must not have laid off workers from the same or similar positions, and may not use OJT to displace current workers or reduce their hours, wages, or beneifts.
You hire, you train, we pay.
OhioMeansJobs Cincinnati – Hamilton County is a federally-funded program that helps your business hire and train job seekers for long-term employment. This is an opportunity for you to work with OhioMeansJobs Cincinnati – Hamilton County to recruit, pre-screen, and hire new employees, and to train them in the specific skills needed to help your business thrive.
You are reimbursed for training wages and the decision to expand employment will boost the economy.
- Increased productivity
- Higher worker retention rates
- Reimbursement of training wages
- Training tailored to your business needs
For More Information:
Contact Chuck Walters, Employer Services Manager at (513) 946-7242 or WalteC03@jfs.hamilton-co.org for assistance in identifying eligible job seekers, developing a training plan, and completing the minimal paperwork needed to get started.