WIOA Training Opportunities
Hamilton County residents on unemployment are eligible, in most cases, for up to $5,000 in WIOA training funds through any of the attached training providers. These are federal dollars intended to invest in your training or retraining needs. If you have any interest, please contact the schools at their provided e-mail or phone numbers. They can work with you to explore training and funding options.
WIOA Funded Training Opportunities
Academy of Dental Assisting and Professional Training
- Certificate Opportunities: Dental Assisting certificate, Ohio Dental Radiology Certificate, and Two-Year CPR certificate through the American Red Cross.
- A good fit for: Displaced workers looking for a career change.
- Contact: info@AdaptDental.com
Great Oaks Adult Education
- Find a list of short-term certification programs in a variety of fields at the following webpage:
- Contact: (513) 771-8881, ww.facebook.com/GreatOaksAdultEducation
MAX Technical Training
- Certificate Opportunities: Data Analytics, Business Specialist, IT Security, PC support Specialist, App & Web Development, Coding Bootcamps, IT Leader and Cloud Certifications.
- A good fit for: Current and former office workers and IT professionals wanting to update their skills, as well as those who are interested in building skills in IT, data management or coding.
- Contact: WIOA@maxtrain.com
Mercy Neighborhood Ministries
- Certificate Opportunities: Home Care Aide and State Tested Nurse Aide
- A good fit for: Those interested in the medical field, who are very compassionate and interested in caring for the elderly, or for medical patients. For the home care aid certification, those with drivers licenses are preferred, but this is not a requirement.
- Contact: Suzanne M. Kathman 513-751-2500 ext. 201, www.mercyneighborhoodministries.org
New Horizons Computer Learning Center – Online Live Training
- Certificate Opportunities: CompTIA A+ Network+ Security+, CompTIA Security+***, Six Sigma Green Belt, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt***, Certified Associate in Project Management, Microsoft Office Specialist, Certified Ethical Hacker***, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)***, Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) (***Prerequisites apply)
- A good fit for: Those who are underemployed, unemployed, career changers, job seekers and transitioning veterans.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Certificate Opportunities: Certificate in coding in either Java or C#/.NET
- A good fit for: Individuals wishing to become software engineers while developing career readiness skills.
- Contact: Shelby Hebert 877-606-3203 *3